Start at the Store
The first step to having a neat kitchen starts at your local market or grocery store. Avoid buying dented cans or jars that leaks. Not only does it present a potential hazard for contamination, it can also spill all over your kitchen counter. You should also avoid buying damaged fruits and keep foods that trip in a separate plastic bags to transport to your kitchen.
Tips for Cleaning Your Kitchen
- For cleaning, use a combination of disinfectant and detergent to make sure that you also kill germs as your go.
- Use pre-packaged sanitizer cloths on doorknobs, refrigerator door handles, microwaves, kitchen phones, computers, and remote controls.
- Use sanitizer cloths on every handle that you have in the kitchen including microwaves, refrigerators and doorknobs.
- Have paper towels ready to wipe all the mess that you can make while cooking. Reusable towels should be washed and line dried to kill all the bacteria present on them. Sponges also need to be disinfected at all times.
- Use diluted bleach as your sanitizer in the kitchen. You can make your own mix by using a tablespoon of bleach in a quart of water. You can use this mix on kitchen surfaces and tables. Make sure to leave it on for a few minutes before rinsing for best results.
- Make sure to clean and sanitize your kitchen drains at least once a week by using a cleaning solution. This solution will dissolve all the food particles that did not go down the drain correctly.
- Never put too much load on your dishwasher if you want clean plates. You might be saving energy but the bacteria on your plates will not be removed.
- A clean kitchen makes a healthy home that is germ-free for your children and loved ones. It might look tedious but it’s worth it to prevent diseases from spreading around the house. For extra protection, make sure to insure your home including your kitchen.
At Western Pacific Insurance, we take pride in making sure that our clients are well-protected at prices they can afford. To learn more about how we can help you, please contact our agency at (702) 932-3105 or Click Here to request a free quote.