- Exhaust - Is it making unusual sounds or it is getting smoky?
- Brakes - Check if you notice a squealing sound and feel some odd vibration on the pedal. Be aware also if there is a spongy feel on the brake pedal.
- Suspension - There is a problem with your suspension if your car is unsteady, particularly on gravel roads. And also, if your steering wheel is shaking after you hit a pothole or bump.
Things To Bring On A Road Trip
- Extra Fluids (brake fluid, coolant, motor oil, etc.)
- Two-way radios (aside from your mobile phones)
- Spare tire, spare kit, jack
Check Mirrors, Wipes, And Windscreen
Whatever the weather it is on your road trip, it is important to see your surroundings. Therefore, check your mirrors, wipes, and windscreen.
- Your windshield washer fluid should always be full. Check if the spray is functioning properly.
- The wiper blades should be able to wipe the windscreen fully.
- Your mirrors and windscreen must be clean always.
- If you spot any damage in your windscreens such as cracks and chips, make sure to repair them before your trip.
Look For Rust
Consider rust as a serious problem, as it can start all sorts of problems. One of the signs of rust to look out for is a bubbling paint patch. The following areas of a car are prone to rust:
- Frame rails below the car doors
- Window frames
- Wheel wells
To prevent rust from attacking your car, do not park it in areas with lots of grass. You need to wash your vehicle if saltwater or salt comes in contact with it.
Inspect Your Tires
The thread depth of your car should be 1.5mm minimum. You have ample grip if you have sufficient tread. Also, research the correct pressure level for the type of car you are driving. You may have an under-inflated tire if you see the outer edge of the tread is touching the road surface.
Also, look for bubbles and cracks in your tires, as a way to check their condition.
Road trips are fun, but they must be safe too. Talk to your insurance agent about comprehensive coverage, to ensure you have protection during your trip. At Western Pacific Insurance, we aim to make our client's life easier with policies that are tailored to their needs. You can get more information about our products and services by calling our agency at 702-932-3105. Get your free quote today by CLICKING HERE.