1) Listen and give your undivided attention - Effective communication entails attentive listening, making eye contact and showing that you are fully engaged in the conversation. Giving your undivided attention can help build trust and establish rapport with your clients and partners thus paving your way to success.
2) Promote Positive body language - A study suggests that of the communication that takes place between people, only 7% of it is verbal, hence non-verbal gestures would help evaluate a business situation. It is important to show an open posture during the encounter which gives others the impression that they are welcome and the message they are conveying is resonating with you.
3) Be curious – With today’s fast-paced world, it is quite difficult to make time to get to know other people. You may elicit good stories by making time to learn about their concerns and passion, showing that you are genuinely interested in them. Such conversation can be a great opportunity for you to be remembered since you shared your time, connecting at a personal level.
4) Smile – By making an effort to smile, others will feel that you are happy to be dealing with them. Smiling will make you more pleasurable to work with and it radiates positivity. A light and happy attitude will surely make a great first impression.
5) Relax and be yourself - During a first meeting, you may be so caught up in trying to make a good impression and become anxious or uncomfortable. Because you fear being judged, you may not show your true self by downplaying your personality or holding back your opinions. It is important to be confident that you are good enough so just relax, take a deep breath and go clinch that deal!
Ensuring a stellar impression for your business is as important as having it insured. We at Western Pacific Insurance would want to help you protect your business through our customized insurance plans. Talk to us today by calling (702) 932-3105 or visit us at our office. Should you have any inquiries, you may email them to us at email@example.com. You can get a free quote by clicking here.