Each state has different requirements for your coverage. A Lot of times, we look at the lowest price option for your policy. However, you need to make sure it complies with the minimum requirements of your state. Some states may have a requirement of at least $5,000 property damage, while others will require $25,000. Minimum requirements can vary greatly so you should be mindful of that.
2. Assess the kind of driver you are and protection you will need
Here are some helpful questions you should ask yourself to help assess the type of driver you are.
- Do I have outstanding traffic violations?
- Have I gotten into a number of accidents?
- How often do I drive?
- What do I mainly use my car for?
- Am I the only person driving my car?
- Where do I live?
- How far is my usual drive?
The answers you give for each of these questions will help determine the type of protection you will need.
3. Learn the basics of auto insurance
There are generally 3 types of coverage for auto insurance.
- 3rd Party Liability – this protects you by covering for injuries and property damages to others that you are liable for.
- Collision Coverage – this protects you by covering collision damages to another party's car when no other parties are involved.
- Comprehensive Coverage – this protects you be covering for other risks other than collision. This may include theft, loss, damage through bad weather, natural disasters, and the likes.
4. Research on the insurance company
Talk to other motorists about the experience they have with the different insurance companies. Read about the comments and reviews by other clients. Look not only at the extent of the coverage and great deals, but also into their customer service. How easy was it to claim, how well do they explain the terms.
5. Talk to your trusted specialist
The next step is to consult with a specialist. Put it all together and discuss with a specialist or agent. Determine the best fit for your needs.
At Western Pacific Insurance, we aim to provide comprehensive insurance policies that makes your life easier. You can get more information about our products and services by calling our agency at (702) 932-3105. Get your free quote today by CLICKING HERE.